Thursday 16 June 2011

We read five words on the first page...

We read five words on the first page of a really good novel and we begin to forget that we are reading printed words on a page; we begin to see images.
John Gardner



I have made my way on to authors2you: http://www.authors2you.co.uk/contemporary-fiction.html It is quite good to be on a website with other authors. But I dont have a website so when you click on my face it directs you to my blog. Which makes me realise I need to get a website up and running asap. Too much to do too little time. 


Getting on to the website is a start though. I dont know what their audience is like but hopefully it will unite readers who are looking for something unique and not mainstream to our books.


At the moment I feel a bit fed up with my writing so I have not looked at the printed first draft of my new manuscript - I am giving myself a breather- do you have to look at every day or only when you are in the mood? That is a blog post debate I had with myself some time ago. 


I am a quarter way through my English Grammar for dummies book and a chapter away from the finish line in the Hare with amber eyes. It has not much improved. Lets see how I do at my first book club meet then!! Maybe they all love it and I will be barred for being hopeless. 


Today I emailed some spiel and my press release to 10 popular mainstream magazines- Only one came back to say that their inbox was full! The others I wait on. Fingers crossed. Lets hope for the best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment