Tuesday 21 June 2011

Eighty percent of success is showing up.

Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Woody Allen

Did I mention my book is about to go global? No how could I forget a thing like that?! Well not really global but it will be published and printed in Goa by Broadway books. To me this is a small triumph as it will be available in the best market for that book-Goa as you may or may not know is flooded with tourists and they are the perfect market for this type of novel. Wouldn’t you want to read about the country your are visiting – written by a locale and explore the hidden depths of Goa? I would- Lets see how the sales go! So this is great. I am even going to plan a bit of a launch party there the next time I go - maybe even place a newspaper advert. Things are much cheaper there I guess and more feasible.

I will even try and get it into hotels – of course they will take a commission but hey- I’ll get my name out there and to me that is pretty important right now. A friend who has been published told me not to rush in publicising and marketing so much- I guess I don’t want to burn out, but it is like I have to get my name and book out there- a bit like when I decided I had to publish Goa Traffic, once I had decided I wouldn’t stop until I had done it. That is the good thing about self pub- you can take your time and that is the great thing about writing a book- it will be around for a long time yet- you can take your time with it.

I must look into those yoga classes and learn to chill out - right now I know I am trying to do too much but I just cant help myself! I know I need to take a break.  

FYI - My reading group was good. I was not the only person that found this 'bestseller' a difficult and slow read (but fascinating at times and a bit of an education as well) - The book for this month is Aberystwyth Mon Amour by Malcolm Pryce - Who I see is an UK based author and only written a handful of books - support the mid lists I say - although that is a bit of an assumption- he may well be well known! 

That was all I had to say today- but tomorrow I will have some more thoughts on self pub, websites and blogs…  

No comments:

Post a Comment