Tuesday 18 March 2014

NaPoWriMo is almost here!


If you follow this blog you'll know that poetry is not my forte but recently I have been thinking about it. And then in my first edition of Mslexia I read about NaPoWriMo which is basically 30 days - 30 poems for the month of April. I don't think I'll be any good, but confining my poetry to the privacy of my own notepad why not! I'm not going to sign up but I'm going to do it for myself. who knows at the end of April I may share one of the poems with you. In preparation I have started a fresh notebook (don't you love that feeling of a new notebook?) and I am getting my creative juices going in preparation for April. I am freewriting on random objects as an initial prompt.

Anyway if you have been thinking about poetry and want to give it a bash this is the perfect opportunity to get started. The official website is: http://www.napowrimo.net/about/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment