Thursday 18 October 2012

A story is a letter that the author writes to himself

“A story is a letter that the author writes to himself, to tell himself things that he would be unable to discover otherwise.” Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind

The shadow of the Wind is one of my all time favourite books - so why not open with a quote from it. So I now have some free time after quitting the gym- bad idea - I have put on loads of weight and now have to re-join the gym- bad times. Shifting weight is so hard - but not as hard as editing your manuscript- that's the worst.

I have also read Tweet Right by Nicola Morgan and my followers have gone up - yay- mostly because she recommends some good authors to follow - who have kindly followed back. I must say I have realised I have been going about twitter all wrong and I am now hoping to increase my followers and retain them (unlike what I have been doing)

The book was good- because it was short and it got to the point so if you are on twitter and want to know what to do and how to improve your tweets buy it! And for only a couple of quid its worth it just to get some twitter addresses for some really lovely authors.

People have suggested to look at www.wefollow.com which shows you popular tweet accounts and their bios - you can look up writers or musicians etc

I am now anxiously waiting for my Amazon order so I can start reading on body language and How I should be writing a novel... I am also anxiously waiting for rejections from my last lot of submissions.