Monday 11 June 2012

Dying is like coming to the end of a long novel...

Dying is like coming to the end of a long novel--you only regret it if the ride was enjoyable and left you wanting more.
JEROME P. CRABB,

well... what to say Max died this morning. RIP Max. Cinderella is left on her own but looking much better if a little weak. I hope she picks up. Anyway I wont bore you with the fish saga - however I have noticed that I have more followers on twitter since tweeting about them. Maybe it is more exciting tahn my writing.

I had a pretty productive day yesterday - edited the first chapter of the Bittersweet. I am taking a new approach to editing. I normally race to get through each chapter which results in me having to do hundreds of edits but this time I am only going to do a chapter or two a day - they are short chapters- so in about 40-50 days I should have the final edit. Lets see if I can do that. I'll let you know how I go.

I am still reading Sugar and Spice and enjoying it and I have decided to follow more people in teh writing world on twitter I am hoping it will inspire me.

A new set of short stories is being drip fed onto my other blog as well: http://thelensandthequill.blogspot.com and currently I am happy with my writing-life balance - it doesnt happen often!  Recently I was inspired by the Market series on BBC (It made me feel like I wasnt really esxperiencing life- just working 9-5 in an office- like I was on the periphery of life which made me think markets are a hub of life - they  are packed to the seems with different things going on) and  I would love to do a short stories selection set in the markets... Hopefully with photos but maybe I will just do my own if I cant get photos to match. Mmmm now there is an idea - a short story compilation.