Thursday 1 March 2012

A word is not the same with one writer as with another.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another.  One tears it from his guts.  The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket.  ~Charles Peguy
Where do I begin? Well H is working on my website which is all very well and good but not when we only have one decent compueter in the house. So yesterday - my allocated writing day - was hijacked by H wanted to do some stuff to my site (which by the way is coming along nicely) - I cant wait till its done.

I also had to try and link up my domian name with the site H is creating. Nightmare. Anyway I called up go daddy and tehy talked me through it so hopefully in 72 hours my website will be linked with my domain- that will teach me not to do things way in advance ( I bought marissadeluna.com a while ago)

Anyway I am using Moonfruit to create the website - well Yeoman Publishing is... It seems pretty user friendly to use but you need time and patience to use it (both of which I have none) so glad I amnot doing it myself. It will be anotehr string to my bow I suppose once it is done.

A lot of the publicity and marketing advice I have got out there has said a website is a must so thats great. And good news is taht Goa Traffic has sold really well on amazon in February (which gives me hope as it is the shortest month) 64 copies this month - I hope to improve the sales next month - I have now sold about 400 copies which is great for the limited marketing that I have done. But the hard work.... writing is for the love and not the money!!!!

If you havent got your copy make my day and get one.... links to amazon are on the side and its available on paperback on most on-line retailers... and I may as well plug everything whilst I am here - check out http://thelensandthequill.blogspot.com/

I have also started reading The Devotion of Suspect X - Sorry I am terrible at author names- It has been converted from japanese apparently has sold 2 million and has a bit of a cult following. I am really enjoying it - and will have probably finished it by the end of the week. People in glass houses should throw stones - but it is a lot of telling rather than showing in the writing. BUT it works - really it does because of the fast paced nature of the story - its a thriller. Anyway because of this I have not got far with Outside or The 6th Lamentation but they are waiting for me by my bedside.

I have also looked into KDP select.... However to join this scheme of lending your book through Amazon- it has to be exclusive to amazon- I cant do that so hey ho.... maybe with teh Chupplejeep Mysteries I will. who knows. I do like the way Kindle works - And I got my first payment statement yesterday that is pretty efficient. Whereas I am still waiting for June-September sales reprot from Author house.... no instant gratification there then... anyway enough ramblings from me. My next task is to ask H to convert Goa Traffic to e-pub so that I can make it available on good reads etc... watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment