Monday 19 March 2012

The time to begin writing an article...

The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction.  By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is you really want to say.  ~Mark Twain
The above quote is so true- not that I write articles but with http://thelensandthequill.blogspot.com/ sometimes I finish a short story and reliase I could have done it another way....

I have finished my website which I am very happy about - take a look by clicling on the link on the right or click here http://www.marissadeluna.com/ spread the word! - at first I was concerned about the site because looking at it at work - the text did not appear as it should have done - I dont know if it is the resolution of the work computers I was a bit worried that it was just the site but after having a couple of friends check it out it seems to be okay so I have strated to publicise it. So far quite a few hits on my blog have come through from my site since friday so it must be working okay...

The website also appears to be banned by some work places---- bit odd but maybe because it is a personal address. That is all my news. I have started on draft 4 of The Bittersweet Vine- Can I just say it needs major work! I am making the chapters short and snappy and cutting out quite a bit of the telling- chapters I thought were great have now been cut to within an inch of their lives. I have reached chapter seven but have to start again on chapter five because it just wasnt very good and I got a bit tired at that point. Will I finish draft number 4 by the end of April?!I hope so. That will give me 3 months to perfect my submission which is just the first 20 pages perhaps. I know I keep repeating this and sorry if itsgetting on your nerves - its a bit of an OCD thing with me. You would think that by writing this down on a yellow postie and it being stuck on my work computer I wouldnt have to keep mentioning it but no I have to.

I finished reading Out of sight by Elizabeth grey - I rate it a 3 out of 5. I found I was annoyed with the characters at the end which wasnt a way I wanted to leave the book- never the less this has made the characters memorable. I am now reading The Man who Rained by Ali Shaw as he is doing a talk on the 29th March for abingdon writers. I will let you know how it goes in the meantime take a look at my new site, send me some feedback and if you havent done so already buy a copy of Goa Traffic!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment