Monday 13 February 2012

Write What You Wish To Write

Write what you wish to write

So long as you write what you wish to write, that is all that matters; and whether it matters for ages or only for hours, nobody can say. But to sacrifice a hair of the head of your vision, a shade of its color, in deference to some Headmaster with a silver pot in his hand or to some professor with a measuring rod up his sleeve, is the most abject treachery. - Virginia Woolf

I owe todays quote to Advicetowriters on twitter and I read it when I needed it the most. I was having one of those days when I was editing passages from The Bittersweet Vine that were just not working. I wanted to rip up the whole 80,000 words and put it in the bin. I was tired and dejected and nobody around me understood- because nobody I am close to writes. This quote cheered me up and gave me some hope.

Abingdon Writers is my next issue. I need to take something in to read from The Bittersweet Vine. What I have read the group has helped me out loads but I need more critiquing on what I have done so that I can improve it. So I printed some pasages then as I read through them- ugh  they were bad and in isolation even worse. But I am determined to take something in tomorrow.Also I am always in awe of what the otehrs write that I sometimes feel like abit of a doofus- I know this is the wrong attitude to have- I have been saying this again and again on my blog but we all suffer from self doubt dont we.

In otehr news I have been checking out and reading up on body language and OCD all in prepeartion for making my characters better rounded and writing short stories set in the past of my characters as well. I have also answered short questionaires on them so now I know what Penelope would order in a restaurant and if she prefers Opera or Pop. Watch this space maybe I will do a dummies guide to character profiling when I understand it myself.

FYI for any new people following this blog there are two things you should know 1) I dont ever re-read through what I type on this blog- I write it as it forms in my head. I have no time to edit this (That sounds like I dont care- but I do--- there is juts so much to do and so little time).
2) Yes my grammar is bad... bab, bad, beyond compare but that is what an editor is for.... That is another topic I have covered several times over but one I will cover again for sure.

Also Goa Traffic kindle was taking a bit of a dive in the kindle charts (boo hoo) - It has started to climb again.... Big love to all that have bought a copy - and if you have mssg me on Facebook or twitter (links on the right) or put a review on amazon..... that would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment