Wednesday 18 January 2012

To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is...

To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make.  ~Truman Capote

Well I finished reading 'Max MacCauley: All he ever wanted was a quiet life.' by Mary Cavanagh and can I say what a good read it was. She really knows how to bring characters to life. It was definately worth the read and for under £3.00 no wonder everyone is going kindle.

Although I must say - Kindle for PC is not so good- well its okay- the trouble is its backlit like a PC is so its not as kind to your eyes as the kindle is.

Today is the day I start edit 3 of The Bittersweet Vine. I can wait- It is aa laborious task in front of me but have to get started if I want to send out query letters by July and that is on my new years resolutions.

I am making great sales on Goa Traffic so at least I can put that in my query letter. I also have an action plan if I dont get a publisher. But I will disclose that later.

In other news. We have come up with a name for our new Blog: my friend is setting it up so cant reveal the name until I know its ours- most of the blog names we wanted were taken. Highly annoying and we cant affor to lose this one. But watch this space I have been writing several short stories so will be good to see what you think of them!

Its odd but all of a sudden I feel like a writer- I feel too that someday my writing will take off. I suppose all writers have to believe in themselves- well I hope my dreams come true. I am astounded by the nice comments I have received from readers. Particularly somone who bought a book at my book signing in Goa - sent me a mssg on my facebook page to say that she enjoyed it- Now thats effort- but that is what makes it all worthwhile- not the writing because we would do that no matter what- that is for ourselves and only costs time- Its the effort of publishing and marketing etc....

Anyway this weekend is a major marketing (free marketing push) for Goa Traffic Kindle- spread the word- look at teh links on the right and tell your friends go on.

I am waiting for Huckleberry Finn to arrive in the post (thank you Amazon) and am also reading Out of Sight Elizabeth Grey. The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult.

No comments:

Post a Comment