Tuesday 15 November 2011

No man in the world has more courage...

No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut.  ~Channing Pollock


Today I ate so much I thought my sides were going to split! really I did. I should have stopped when I was full but I didnt. 


Tomorrow is another editing/writing day. Fingers crossed I get at least half done. Time in running out now. Still loving Aravind Adiga's Last Man in Tower- go out and buy it now if you are thinking about it- its a good one for the christmas list- you will be right there on the streets of Bombay! 


In other news I need to get the Christmas shoping done- early I hate being lastminute.com - and I am entering my writing groups writing competition - a five hundred word pice - I have written - two . One entitle The Blue cardigan- a murder - the other - Stealing Mangoes - a comedy sketch set in Goa. 


I will post them on here after some refinement. I have never written a short story before. It is pretty hard to stick to 500 words, and because it is so short I am not sure how meaty it should be- How meaty can it be? 


nevertheless I did it because I have time- I normally never consider entering short story competitions- mmmmm would be good to get a critque on them either way - and a good way to kill some time! 


until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment