Thursday 10 November 2011

Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can.

Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can. That is the only secret. 
Matthew Arnold


Okay so feeling a bit more normal today. (well kind of) So i was at my writing group and someone mentions new authors and that as budding authors we should know who is emerging. Yes of course we should this is a given- am I too self absorbed for this as I wondered as I sat there thinking what?!!! I should be more concerned about who else is out there and their trials and tribulations to getting published... I should and I will... maybe lunch hour tomorrow. I will report my findings so that we are all in the know! 


Also I am reading Last Man in Tower- by my absolute favourite author- Aravind Adiga who wrote White Tiger. 


I have just finished reading Netherland by Joseph O'neill which was take it or leave it stuff for me. And I read The house of the Hanged by Mark Mills - pretty good- a light read - a bit of a Poirot style- good to get lost into. 


there is not much out there in terms of self publishing at the moment and new things... but I will trawl and keep you all updated 

No comments:

Post a Comment