Sunday 2 October 2011

There's no secret about success.

There's no secret about success. Did you ever know a successful man who didn't tell you about it?
Kin Hubbard



So today I got a plug on the Ocelot Magazine!! http://www.theocelot.co.uk/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1597


Take a look- its on page 28! very excited about it. Goa Traffic is on its way up. Its funny writing a book and then promoting it. It is such a journey and a learning curve but I am glad to be on it. 


On the reading front. I have just read One Day- a modern day great - it has been deemed to be. I didnt think so. I know that people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones but I just have to... I didnt like it. I didnt identify with the characters when I should have and so reading it became a chore because I didnt really want to know what was happening to them. I suppose one good thing I did learn - is that your audience have to identify and like the characters within the novel. Of course many people did in One Day - after all it has sold over a million copies etc... I personally didnt like it. But then again that is the beauty of books... different types for different people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment