Thursday 20 October 2011

Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day.

Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don't see any.
Orson Scott Card




What have I been doing? Too busy to do anything. I did however go to a literary festival the other Saturday where I heard two authors speak. One being traditionally published and the other being self published. Both books seemed interesting – ‘A Diamond in the sky’ by Margaret Pelling and ‘Invisible’ by Frank something or the other- he actually teaches creative writing somewhere in Oxfordshire.

It was my first literary festival experience- and it was more of a library talk than an actual festival but I really enjoyed it- Its good to know there are other authors out there and unless you have hit it big- whether you are traditionally published or not- it’s a struggle.

‘The Book Club’ for want of a better name is on hold- although from next Wednesday I will continue the edit. It has just been so busy I have not had any time with it- Maybe the space will invigorate my writing!

The literary festival gave me some ooompf to promote Goa Traffic- It was nice to hear from Authors that marketing was a struggle as they just wanted to get on with their next book.

More great reviews on amazon and goodreads.com has given me inspiration and I have contacted my two local branches of Waterstones (I dropped off copies of the book months ago)

I am also sending a copy to Rick Stein- well he loves Goa and the book is full of food descriptions too! And maybe the Richard and Judy book club! Also I need to call all those book shop buyers as well and get cracking with my new kindle version of Goa Traffic!!!!! I am meeting with my creative consultant to discuss the new front cover next week! So much to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment