Sunday 22 May 2011

If you write one story, it may be bad...

If you write one story, it may be bad; if you write a hundred, you have the odds in your favor.
Edgar Rice Burroughs



Firstly a big thank you to Anonymous who commented on my last post with some very helpful ideas! 


I write today from my kitchen table musing my next novel (a brief interlude from marketing the current one) The working title of which is called "The Book Club"- it is quite different from Goa Traffic as this time I have a bit of a plan. That is I have written some chapter headings of what is going to happen- there are plots and subplots and further plots within the subplots and there are lots of characters. Lets see how it goes. I have even drawn out a spider diagram telling me stuff about the characters- it is hard for an author to remember the intricate details of their characters- like where they grew up, what university they went to etc. I guess as I continue writing they will become more meaningful to me and perhaps I will remember the intricate details! 


Just to keep you updated - I walked into Waterstones and handed over a copy of my book, with contact details and a letter explaining the story as well as that I was a local writer and would they consider stocking it in their store- What are the chances??? Watch this space!


Anyway it is Sunday, and I have things to do - perhaps I will take the day off signing up to different websites and marketing Goa Traffic- maybe I should think about tidying the house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment