Monday 4 January 2016

We need to laugh!

We need to laugh!


Happy New Year! 2015 went pretty quick, didn't it? Christmas was warm and fabulous in Goa. Some more research done for the second instalment of The Chupplejeep Series - The Body in the Bath - which should be out by the end of the year. New Year was spent in Devon - there is something raw about the British coastline in stormy weather that makes me feel quite at peace. I think its the bleakness of the landscape that makes me feel alive.  That may or may not make sense - I hope it does - but if it doesn't just don't think I'm completely nuts - I'm just having one of those days.


One of those days when I look at the year ahead and think we need to laugh more. We really do. Writers especially. We take it all so seriously sometimes and I for one think this year should be filled with more laughing and less complaining. I generally rant on this blog and I'm sure from Feb I will be back to normal, but I am going to make a conscious effort of laughing a bit more this year - and finding the humour in even the dullest of situations - like 1* reviews and rejections!  Why not - as the quote that keeps going around says - 'None of us are going to get out alive...'


My other resolution for the year is to do one awesome thing every month! It benefits me, it may benefit others (I may adopt a whale - yes that's how much Blackfish affected me) and hopefully it will encourage me to laugh even more.


And another thing, the author Mary Cavanagh has released a fantastic book to help writers decipher the publishing process and marketing etc. The book is titled 'Calling All Authors' and can be bought here
I read an earlier edition when I started on my publishing journey and I loved it - I'm now reading this edition and its even bigger and better - and features an interview with me!  It's a must read for any author.


So what about my writing plans for 2016!  I previously mentioned sending Posion off to a publishers and so far the feedback is good. I'm in discussions but that's all I can say at the moment. With any luck though it will be published later this year - Hopefully I can reveal all by the end of the month.  And I am still working on The Body in the Bath... A massive edit is due and I'm hoping it will be looking ship shape by the summer.


I have some dratted Quantity Surveying exams in March (I brought it on myself!) that may take my focus away, but other than that... I also plan on writing some new stuff this year. I have a preliminary idea for a thriller - work in progress title is Splinter and the third Chupplejeep book - Jetty Jalousie.


Happy writing people..... Remember this is 2016. Anything is possible!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment