Friday 4 January 2013

A writer never has a vacation. For a writer...

A writer never has a vacation. For a writer life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.

- Eugene Ionesco

Happy New Year. Three days of work and I feel that Christmas is a distant memory. So I must share my recent revelations and my goals for 2013 with you. Yesterday I went to creative meditation. I always find, when I go to this class, I feel like a new person after. The meditation was all about creating space in your life for something new- something you want or even for something unexpected. I want calm. I don’t want to be rushing around like a Dodo all the time. I want  time to stop and observe (good for my observations book- which is not going well- although I wrote some great feelings down when I was dying from Influenza- it really felt like I was). I also want more colour in my life.  Look at my profile pic (I know it is in black and white) but that is pretty much me- all about the dark colours. I strongly believe that colour can have an effect on your life. I am even going to get involved with colour therapy. This info about colour has just arrived in my mind- a bit like a light bulb being switched on! I will keep you posted and let you know if it has any effect on my writing. If it has an effect on my outlook on life I am sure this, in some way, will affect my writing. Speaking of affect and effect I must sign up to that grammar course. Well the credit card is a bit jam packed at the moment so I am going to join mid Jan!.

Also I have started reading Forensics for Dummies. This looks like a great book and will definitely help me improve my CSI knowledge for Chupplejeep. So my goals for 2013  are:

1) Get Bittersweet Published (either traditional or self published)
2) Self publish a book of short stories on to kindle – by April
3) Finish first draft of The Coconut Tree (by April- this is a hangover from a goal I didn't complete last year) - complete novel by the end of the year.
4) Read up on colour therapy and use it to improve certain aspects of your life.
5) complete grammar course and take time to proof read (starting with this blog!)
6) achieve over 1000 sales for GT

I am looking forward to this year. I don't feel I accomplished much last year in terms of writing. I know I found and agent and completed The Bittersweet Vine as well as hitting my sales targets for GT but I do feel something was lacking. I am not going to be so hard on myself this year either. Sometimes it is about the journey and the things you learn on the way. I want to take time with Chupplejeep and that's exactly what I'll do!

Good luck with all your writing goals and dreams. They are achievable - just keep believing in yourself.