Wednesday 14 March 2012

Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth...

Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space.  ~Orson Scott Card

So I have ordered a copy of The Man who rained by Ali shaw so will get stuck into that as soon as it arrives. Also I need to finish it by the 29th March which is when we are having the talk- see Yesterdays post. I also bought RHS gardening Month by Month - I am hoping it will help me in our garden which is currently barren!!! Winter killed most things off... My plan is to start of like I did with cooking. I read delia's book - well all the info stuff and let it absorb into my mind before I started venturing in the kitchen- It worked- you cant cook if you dont know how ingredients work- and Yes I am a geek I know this. I am not teh sort of person that reads the instructions before I go about putting something together in fact I am the complete opposite - but I struggled with cooking to begin with and this technique helped so thats what I am going to do gardening wise.

Anyway that isnt what you are interested in. Whetehr my garden is in bloom or not is highly irrelevant... what is relevant is writing... the 'India' flash fiction stories to accompany Urmi's beautiful photos will be on The Lens and The Quill (see link on the right) soon! Excited about these - I think I have relaised taht I am better at writing about India than I am about England... I suppose I find the stories more interesting as they give the reader an insight into a different world... on to The Chupplejeep Mysteries then.

My goal is to finish the first draft by the end of the year of the first in the series so I need to get started - how is it March already?!

No comments:

Post a Comment