Wednesday 11 January 2012

Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it.

Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it.  ~Hannah Arendt

Where to start? It has been one of those weeks - and its only Wednesday. I have been compiling short stories for my friends photos - we want to start the new blog with abstract photos - and I desperately need inspiration to come up with stories. I have done about 5 so far- its a good lunch hour exercise. I started with a blank wondering which way to go but now I am in teh flow of things I seem to be improving. I dont know about you but I find that everytime I write my writing changes slightly- ever so slightly! but it does- it improves I think.

FYI- I recommended The White Tiger by Aravind  Adiga to my book club and much to my relief they all enjoyed it!!! that was a bonus. I have also just finised The Legacy by Katherine Webb- Now my motehr who knows my reading taste well said that I wouldnt enjoy it. I absolutely loved it .... I wonder if my taste is changing. It is one book that I found hard pressed to put down.

I am now reading Mary Cavanagh's : Max Macauley... So far so good. It has me hooked and she has described teh characters so well I am really connecting with them- going through what they are. It is a rare talent to be able to do that so succintly.

The next reading group choice (urghh I am such a geek) is Huckleberry Finn - I am looking forward to that actually. I have also started reading Out of sight - I dont know who that is by.

And one final piece of information.... I will be doing a live radio interview on local Radio on Friday afternoon- scary or what!!! I will post the libnk once its done but it really is daunting. I suppose in my quest for marketing I have to do it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment