Monday 30 January 2012

No one means all he says, and yet...

No one means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous.  ~Henry Brooks Adams, The Education of Henry Adams, 1907
Well I have started the edit on The Bittersweet Vine. I have done 40 pages over a couple of days only 139 left then - Not that I am counting. It is going okay - not as stressful as Goa traffic because its more coherent at this stage. GT needed 20 edits before it was it this stage but then it was my first.

In other news Assistant superintendant of Police - Detective Chupplejeep is now called Detective Chappalmukhi - why? because Chappalmukhi means Sandal (Chappal) Face(Mukhi) and given the comic nature of this book I reckon it will work just fine.

The plot line and character profiles have been set for my first in the Chappalmukhi mysteries - Under The Coconut Tree. And I am just about to draw a plan of the village and how everything is located- See this is planning. I am getting better at the planning with each book I write. Remember though I still need to finish the draft of book number three - Living the Dream before I get carried away with Under The Coconut Tree.... so much to do so little time. I am looking forward to it and very excited about UTCT!

Anyway I will bore you no further...  I have given myself a new deadline for this edit of TBV - and thats March!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment