Wednesday 7 September 2011

The best way to waste you life...

The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the details. Report. Don't participate.”-Chuck Palahnuik


My eyes hurt!!! from all the editing I have been doing lately- I was going to have a break from 'The Book Club' and work on some more promo stuff for Goa Traffic but that has evaded me. I am stuck with the book club. More showing than telling this time around. Can I just say that two out of the four people who I have given the first draft to read - have read it! Only my mother has come back with comments- very briefly this morning! her comments were "Very Good, great plot line and dialogue that flows"


You see although a mothers comments are good they are very biased so I will wait for the other less biased ones. I think my dialogue is a bit obvious but who knows maybe it has improved. Anyway I have been editing away- creating short sharp chapters for my readers. This book is going to be a winner I can feel it in my bones! 


I apologize in advance for the lack of blogging now but I have been busy home making- orange seville cake and fish pie (irrelevant) you don't want to know about things like that I know! But I will get back to a regular blog soon! 


Oh on twitter I saw the top ten places for literary inspiration. A few that I can remember are Prague, London, Mumbai, Mexico.......... I think inspiration is everywhere - although I wouldn't mind a Tuscan villa for inspiration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment