Monday 22 August 2011

In writing and Politicking...

In writing and politicking, it's best not to think about it, just do it. Gore Vidal


Okay so I promised the elevator Pitch and here it is- by the way I don’t want to insult your intelligence but for people who don’t know what an elevator pitch – it is a twenty five wood hook for your work.  The premise is that you are riding in an elevator with a famous director/publisher etc. and you need to get your idea out fast!

Maria is desperate to remember after an abduction leaves her with hysterical amnesia. Her friends are suspects but the truth lays buried in her past. 

It is not quite right is it? I need to come up with something better- would that hook you? I doubt it- would you pick up the book because you saw that on a promotional book mark?! Let me know

Anyway that aside I have now completed my first draft! Woooo hooo! I am going to give it to my mum, friend and mother in law for their verdicts. Of course James will want to read it (The other half) because it is dedicated to him and there is something quite nice being able to read something before the rest of the world. That is one nice thing about writing books you can dedicate them to people, which is a nice way of thanking people for their support- not only for your writing but for just being there for you.  

I have begun writing my synopsis- premature I know, I will probably have to re-write it a million times after this but it keeps me busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment