Tuesday 12 July 2011

I get up in the morning...

I get up in the morning, torture a typewriter until it screams, then stop.
Clarence Budington Kelland



So I am plodding through my first draft of 'The Book Club' and I must say that English language for dummies - is kind of making a difference to my writing. You may look at this and think 'mmmm -its not." I know I am a bit slap dash with my blog but honestly it is improving my novel writing. Now on reading the first draft tiny grammatical errors that I can now see are errors are annoying me - Huh never thought that would happen in a million years. I guess that is education for you. 


I have been busy the last couple of days. My friend has just had a baby and my thoughts have been there really. Its funny all the things in life that are sent to distract you. I hope the baby grows up doing what it wants to do- just think when it is about 30 it may be a novelist or artist and successful at that - that would be a beautiful thing. Don't you think too many people are forced to go in to professions - when i say forced I mean stereo institutionalized-
A well know artist would be lovely to know. 


The first edit is going well. Adding bits taking bits out. I have created my new psychiatry treatment- how will that go down I wonder? 


Also this week I have been given a heads up on a novel writing competition for women- solely women - I think that's what they call positive discrimination- are there more male authors out there than women?!  I think I may enter Goa Traffic into the running- as most competitions you cannot enter if you are published - but this allows self publishing. The deadline is September - so who knows maybe I will have a copy of the Book Club ready. Although I am certainly not going to rush it. 


Anyway the competition is run by Mslexia - so google it if you want to give it a go. 5000 words of your novel- the first 5000!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment