Sunday 5 June 2011

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking...

I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear. 
Joan Didion



I love the work of Paulo Coelho and now that I am on twitter and following him, he posted something rather interesting for a writer or for anyone really which directed me to his blog. Basically Hemmingway said that they best story he wrote was in six words. It went something like this " For sale: Baby Shoes. Never worn." Paulo Coelho's task to his followers so to speak was to come up with your own six word story. No prize I dont think so but I did it because I was slightly interested to see what I could come up with. To be honest looking at that 6 word story above evokes quite a few emotions, thought spiral etc. It is good but to me only because someone said it was a story and the best the author thought he had written- Oh what perception does to us! 


So anyway I looked through what some people had written, it was  interesting some I didnt quite like, some were ok. Its tough coming up with a 6 word story and I put a five minute time limit on myself and here is what I came up with. Here is mine:


"Broken Glass. Blood. Door wide open."

No comments:

Post a Comment