Friday 17 June 2011

I cant' give you a sure-fire formula for success...

I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time. 
Herbert Bayard Swope


Today I write about reviews. They are so helpful. the constructive ones that point out something you can improve and the ones that rip right into you. They are all good- at least someone has an opinion of it right? it sparked something... which is a good thing and more importantly they read your book. Financially you won - at least and you probably learnt something as well- constructive criticism - or you learnt that the reviewer is ignorant.  

So anyway I have one or two new reviews from people I dont know that well and they are good it makes me smile. 

Although my ratings have dropped a bit in the charts, the reviews are good. So I plod on... with the marketing, with the continual sending out of press releases. Today I target the broadsheets. 

Oh and for any avid followers- my 5 free missing books from the publisher arrived today. But no response to reduce my book price on kindle!!

Even more stressful is the fact that one published author from my writing group has downloaded the book and is reading it... arghhhhhhh - Why do I get so nervy every time I know someone else is reading it?! I hope she gives me some constructive criticism!


No comments:

Post a Comment