Wednesday 18 May 2011

Writing is communication...

Writing is communication, not self-expression. Nobody in this world wants to read your diary except your mother. 
Richard Peck



I have been busy the last two days finalising my press release which I will blog at some point in the next week or so. It is short and sweet and now complete- I rather like it, its to the point and gives all the information it needs to. I have sent it out today to about 8 sources- a mixture of e-zines and local newspapers and one magazine. But surely I need more than eight if I am to get the publicity I require. So I will research more sources to send it to. I am hoping for just one response even- do they even do that - respond to you if they are going to print it? I hope so I would like to know-maybe I will google it! 


But that is as far as I have got with the marketing side of things! But I'll let you know how I get on- I am currently printing a whole list of independent book stores to tackle- wish me luck and any media contacts pass them my way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment