Monday 30 May 2011

To avoid criticism...

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. 
Elbert Hubbard



I have started reading my English Grammar for dummies- and frankly it is quite hard, between past participles and linking verbs I have left the book, face down on the stairs over this bank holiday weekend- I feel like I am back in school, where I used to think - If I just leave this one bit out that I don't quite get maybe there wont be any questions about it in an exam. Thats not to say that I am completely stupid- I do get most of it- its the actual names that are confusing! 


Anyway the bank holiday is over- I am progressing favorably with novel number 2-The Book Club, I received some good ideas and feedback from my writing group so we'll see- they are so motivating and encouraging. I have also had two call backs from press releases asking for the book itself- we will see if I hear anything following this. At least I got a call back- I guess. I am also going to target some 'in-flight' magazines surely 'Goa Traffic' will appeal to travelers. I think it will- it does explore Goa like a locale would. 


Happy reading and writing- on my book review note- The hare with amber eyes is really improving, I am now travelling along with the author following the journey of the 'netsuke' I'll let you know ultimately if it is to my liking. 




No comments:

Post a Comment