Saturday 14 May 2011

Better to write for yourself...

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self - Cyril Connoly

So I have started the Marketing campaign! Yes it has begun and I must say that I am very impressed with the number of sites that are selling "Goa Traffic." From the usual Waterstones, Barnes and Nobel, WHsmith and Amazon, it is available at Flipkart in India and Emporium is Oz. Very impressed indeed- a big thumbs up to Authorhouse.

I dont think I have actually mentioned Authorhouse but they were very good- I can see where you could go wrong with it though if you were not quite sure what you were going to do with your novel- it could cost you because apart from the first change the rest all cost you!

But enough of that-- I am not marketing them! I have today opened a twitter account in the name of promotion, shamelessly my first tweet has been my ISBN number! ha that wont get followers I must change that. My twitter name is @marissadeluna - I need followers so please start following me. I have also created a facebook page for Goa traffic and an author center bio on Amazon- sadly this is only available on amazon.com and not .co.uk but hey ho! book readers are everywhere.

I have even written a press release which I need to start sending out to people and finally on my list of things to do is start a new FB page - for fans (I hope to have just one even) and so that I can start a group!

A group to give self publishing a voice! Why cant other authors go down that route- I know many are scared because it may discredit them in the long run - but why not make self publishing more mainstream, which should in theory reduce costs to the author and then more books will be available- maybe some new talent too! so thats my plan thats my slant on things, thats what I am going to set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment